Monday, November 7, 2011

Zucchini with herbs & goat's cheese


Too many moons have passed since my last post, and this time a tiny child is not to blame. After two faithful years my trusty laptop began to struggle with the vigorous tasks of photo and video editing. Programs like Photoshop and Vimeo became too much to bear so I had to say my farewell and welcome a new addition to my life. Whilst I was methodically searching the online marketplace my darling husband was doing the same and surprised me with an early birthday gift. To his credit my new black beauty (yes, I decided to name it after my favourite dessert, la bete noire) not only satisfied my 'specs' criteria but actually exceeded them, and despite its heaviness (just over 4kg, but with my newly acquired mummy arm-strength, it's fine with me) I am head over heels in love with it. What sold me? I was running actions that would cause my former-laptop to crash in one second! Click and hey presto, action complete. Ah, twas love at first edit...

So once again I will hopefully be back to my regular weekly posts. I am also contemplating spending more time on the photography-styling aspect, but of course, that depends on whether baby permits. In the mean time, please enjoy this easy, summer side dish in which the humble zucchini stars. I forgot to measure whilst throwing it together so the recipe is more like a 'guideline', feel free to ad lib :)


ease: 4.5/5.
prep time: 8mins.
cooking time: 10mins.
total: 18mins.

taste: 4/5. Best way to get zucchini into the husband.

The zucchini in this dish is a mere whisper on a breeze, so even those who object to its subtle taste should find no reason to grumble here. The creamy goat's cheese offers tangy-ness to the sweetness of the garlic, coolness of the mint and grassy anise of the dill. Hubby actually requests this side dish.
If you'd like some crunch I recommend adding toasted pine nuts.

would I make it again: Yes.

6 comments:

  1. This dish looks absolutely amazing! Beautiful and delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so amazing!!! I really love the combination of flavours, so fresh and healthy.

    Congratulations on your new laptop. How sweet of your husband to surprise you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased you have a new laptop....I'm jealous!
    Love the idea of mint in there with the goat cheese. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing are upgrades involving laptops - I'm so pleased life will be easier for you (meaning for mosts for us! hehe). I adore zucchini and goats cheese. Beautiful side dish. I'd love this atop of some linguini too mmmm.
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovering your blog! It is beautiful and so is your little daughter - congratulations!
    I look forward to following :)
    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete