Monday, November 22, 2010

Grapefruit pudding cake



A warm thank-you to all those who wished me a Happy Birthday - my week ended with lovely gifts and an extra couple of inches on my waist from the numerous dinners :) This week I shall be running around to organise my husband's impending birthday which falls on the following Monday, he's so difficult to buy for, but I think most men are, whenever they need something they just get it themselves!

As much as I would love to spend a little more time writing something special, I have laundry to hang whilst the sun is still in the drying mood and a shopping list to write, which I rather enjoy doing as I am a list-aholic. But don't worry, I have Thursday free so keep your eye out for a regular post :).


ease: 4.5/5.
prep time: 12mins.
cooking time: 35mins.
total: 47mins.

taste: 3/5. Sorry yellow Grapefruit, my tongue does not like you.

This dessert hinges on whether you like the sharp bitter tang of a yellow grapefruit, if you do, then this delicate spongy, airy and luscious pudding fit for breakfast or a light dessert is for you, if not, then give this one a miss. For me, the slight eggy-ness of the custard-y top paired with the bitter grapefruit didn't tickle my sweet tooth or my savoury taste-buds. But now I know that yellow grapefruit just aren't my 'thang'.

recipe: Grapefruit pudding cake

12 comments:

  1. Your pudding looks gorgeous! It's a shame that you don't really enjoy the flavour.

    I actually love the sharp bitter tang of grapefruit, so I will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww!! poor grape fruit! :(( the pudding, tho looks very good. perhaps the pink will fare better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I'm one of those stupid people who can't get behind grapefruit, but I do like the look of these! I shall pretend they're flavoured with lemon and dream about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those puddings must be divine! Grapefruit is so delicious. I love it's sharpness.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I eat half a grapefruit every morning, so I bet this would be my thang!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry this didn't work out. I myself am a grapefruit fiend (used to eat up to 3 a day!) so I should try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love grapefruit, so this sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ya just don't see grapefruit in many desserts. good try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love yellow grapefruit, so I would probably enjoy these. They look so beautiful - look at the side view! So risen and proud :)
    Heidi xo
    p.s. How fun are shopping lists?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well it looks delicious, even if yellow grapefruit isn't really your thang! Although I do question the eggy-ness paired with the sharp tang of grapefruit... interesting!

    And a belated happy birthday to you, missy! Hope you had a lovely day =) Also, I'm going to be in Melbourne for 3 days in the new year - would love to get together for a coffee and a chat! Drop me an email if you're keen!

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh I'm so late....HAPPY (VERY) BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete