Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lamb & date tagine with pomegranate couscous

The best sleep occurs when I listen to gentle drops of rain as it pitter-patters on my roof, lulling me to dreamland with its monotonous hum; I am in love with rain-soaked nights.

Even better than a dew-covered sunrise is when my hubby decides to spend the day at home, unexpected and yet also wonderful. After working most of the morning, I decided to make him a satisfying lunch as normally he receives sandwiches as they are easier to transport and eat at a desk in under five minutes.

With a steaming plate of food we sat outside, eager to soak up whatever chilled sun-rays we could to combine the nourishment of food with some good ol' Vitamin D. It was a lunch well-spent.


ease: 4.5/5.
prep time: 5mins to prep ingredients.
cooking time: 40mins. I cooked the lamb in a normal pan and it only took 20mins rather than 2-3hours of final cooking time.
total: 45mins.

taste: 4.5/5. Middle eastern flair.

You will have to take my husbands word on this one - the combination of sweet, spicy and tart is a winner.

I chose to use Israeli couscous as I prefer the toothsome pearls with their gelatinous goodness to the regular sand-like grains.

would I make it again: Yes.

recipe: Lamb & date tagine with pomegranate couscous

3 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous. The colors jump off the page. We eat with our eyes first and this surely enough pleases them. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So colorful and appetizing! A wonderful meal!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. just lovely. i'm an ardent fan of middle eastern flavors, and this dish is beautiful and MUST be delicious. good call using the israeli couscous--i greatly prefer it too. also, i never sleep as well as i do when it's gently raining outside. :)

    ReplyDelete