Friday, April 3, 2009

Chicken braised with kaffir lime leaf


Jade leaves with shining skins
and citrus whispers

Purchased for the purpose of a Kaffir lime & Coconut Tart I was left with many more deep forest kaffir leaves waiting to release their lime perfume. Four were lucky enough to impart their flavour to coconut rice and richly spiced chicken.


ease: 5/5.
prep time:
10mins.
cooking time: 15mins.
total: 25mins.

taste: 2.5/5* (this is probably largely to do with my changes). I made a lot of modifications to make this for 1 person:
  • 1 heaped tsp tamarind paste
  • 2 shallots
  • 1 chilli
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2tsp turmeric
  • 2tbs water
  • oil
  • 1 chicken breast
  • 125ml coconut milk
  • 3 kaffir lime leaves
  • 1/2tsp salt
I omitted the first step and proceeded to blend the appropriate ingredients. I added them to the oil, followed by the chicken and the tamarind pulp with a splash of water. I only waited 5mins before adding the coconut milk, leaves and salt and let them simmer uncovered for a further 10mins.

The overall taste was really sharp lime which overpowered everything else.

would I make it again: No.

recipe: http://www.cooking.com/Recipes-And-More/RecDetail.aspx?rid=645

No comments:

Post a Comment