Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Roasted fingerling potatoes, asparagus & green beans


I must vent about something - the state of the green beans being sold in my local supermarket is pitiful. Every time I have bought either pre-packaged or self serve they haven't been very firm at all, and this time around it was no different. Despite it being bean season, if I cannot get to a farmer's market then I would be better off buying frozen. It's a shame considering Australia has many farmers and most supermarkets pride themselves on their 'fresh' produce.


But I only have my laziness to blame. It is far easier to drive only to a butcher and a supermarket within 5mins of home than to a farmers market 15mins away once a month or to an organic chain like Macro Wholefoods, which for me is 25mins away (I might check it out this weekend though).

ease: 5/5.
prep time: 20mins to parboil potatoes, cool and prep other ingredients.
cooking time: 30mins.
total: 50mins.

taste: 2.5/5. Low on flavour, you would really have to salt these to get some flavour. I added a little balsamic post roast which helped. The beans were absolutely fried and inedible and the apsaragus got a little too dry as well. The fingerling potatoes were nice, I would have preferred them on their own in this dish.

would I make it again: No.

recipe: http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/2008/12/roasted-fingerling-potatoes-asparagus.html

No comments:

Post a Comment