Monday, December 15, 2008

Heather's quinoa


Yesterday's accomplishments, whilst many, left me with nil to no energy. A 7am start this morning left me sleepy eyed and a hair's width from falling asleep by 10am. I somehow managed to soldier on (with the help of cherries and chocolate biscuits) and finish work by 6pm. As much as I wanted to collapse onto the couch and catch up on emails I had three hungry boys (well, men really) to feed. Luckily my father had dropped off some seasoned pork and lamb he had to use up in the morning, so all that was left for me to do was make a side.

ease: 5/5.
prep time: 15mins to cook quinoa and prep other ingredients.
cooking time:
7mins.
total: 22mins.

taste: 3.5/5. I have decided that I really like quinoa, and it seems I have converted my father also, who until today had never tasted it before. Even with the pesto it was a little bland; I did not add the corn and I swapped tofu for haloumi. I also added fresh tomatoes instead of cooking them first. I also substituted kale for spinach. It needs more sharpness, definitely more tomatoes.

would I make it again: Yes.


recipe:
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/heathers-quinoa-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment