Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chicken fajitas


Boy was it suffocating out today; I had to clothe the house in darkness to keep the sunshine from making it unbearably hot.

As I could do nothing more than lounge with a magazine to keep from building up a sweat, I almost decided to order a pizza as I did not think I could stand being in a hot kitchen. But then I reconsidered, as I needed to cook the chicken breasts that were nearing non-edibility, so I chose something with minimal stove time.

ease: 4/5.
prep time:
15mins to make salsa and marinate chicken.
cooking time:
8mins to cook chicken and toast burrito wraps
total: 23mins.

taste:
3.5/5. Not bad, they felt like they were missing something, which was most probably shredded tasty cheese. It could also have been because I did not add avocado or onion (because the avocado was black inside and my onion was a little mouldy - damn hot weather). I also didn't particularly feel that the smoked paprika was appropriate.

would I make it again: No, I've made tastier chicken fajitas than this.

recipe: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/15942/chicken+fajitas

No comments:

Post a Comment